Get Certified! Take a Scuba Lesson with the PADI Open Water Diver Course
Get your PADI scuba certification. If you’ve always wanted to learn how to become a PADI Open Water Diver, discover new adventures or simply see the wondrous world beneath the waves, this is where it starts.
The Fun Part
The fun part about this course is . . . well, just about all of it because learning to dive is incredible. You breathe underwater for the first time (something you’ll never forget) and learn what you need to know to become a certified diver. During the course, you’ll make at least five pool dives and four dives at local dive sites under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.
Get College Credit
You may be able to earn college credit for the PADI Open Water Diver course!
What You Learn
- How much fun scuba diving is
- Scuba diving equipment considerations for your local diving environment
- How to plan, and execute actual dives
- How to prevent and manage problems
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (home study or in a classroom ) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to review your skills and explore!
If you’ve tried diving through a Discover Scuba Diving experience or resort course, the skills you learned may be credited towards a portion of the full PADI Open Water Diver course certification.
The Scuba Gear You Use
In the PADI Open Water Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear including a dive computer, and standard accessories. The equipment you wear varies somewhat, depending upon whether you’re diving in winter or summer.
Check with me about the gear you’ll use during this course.
The Learning Materials You Need
I offer two different home-study materials for the Open Water Diver course. You can chose a book and DVD package or a multimedia DVD-ROM.
PADI’s Open Water Diver materials cover what you need to know about basic scuba diving skills, terminology and safety procedures. For each concept you’ll read a description and watch a video demonstration. Then you’ll jump in the pool (or pool-like environment) to practice these skills with your instructor. Later, as a certified diver, use the course materials as a reference guide for future diving adventures and to review what you learned.
To find out more about these products, contact me.
To enroll in the PADI Open Water Diver course or Junior Open Water Diver course, you must
- Be 15 years or older for Open Water Course
- Be 12 years or older for Junior Open Water Course
- Must successfully complete a simple dive medical examination. The list of dive medical pra doctors in Sydney are listed below. Download a copy of dive medical form for your doctor to complete.
|Manly Medical||9977 4167||$60|
|Dr Harry at Bondi||9389 8000||$65|
|George St Medical||9231 3211||$77|
|Surry Hills Medical Centre, Dr Rad||9699 3311||$85|
|DMC Medical Drummoyne||9819 6666||$100|
|North Sydney Medical||9922 3022||$100|
Start this week
You don’t have to wait to get going. With home-study option you can start your course as soon as you collect your Open Water Diver study pack. The home-study pack lets you learn the background information you need before each dive at your own pace. Request your home-study pack now.